jueves, 5 de mayo de 2016

Asperger --> Miguel González Martín

 Hans asperger:
This is the man we know this mental disorder from. He was pediatrician, researcher, Austrian psychiatrist and professor of medicine. He is known for his early studies of mental disorders, especially in children.

Asperger's birthday, on February 18, was declared as the International Day of Asperger Syndrome.
Asperger identified four boys in a pattern of behavior that included "a lack of empathy, little ability to make friends, conversations with oneself, intense attachment to a particular case, and clumsy movements."

The conclusion I have reached is that the Asperger syndrome (which affects in Spain at least 350,000 people 1% of the world population has some disorder spectrum), differs from autism spectrum in that there is no a delay in language.
Asperger people do not understand our world, that’s why there's a huge difficulty regarding relationships or irony understanding for them. They feel like they are lost, like there something missing, sometimes they want to laugh like the rest of us, but they can’t.  
I have found a letter a little boy called Benjamin wrote for their language class, which explains perfectly what this syndrome means:

“I'm weird, I'm new. I wonder if so you are.
 I hear voices in the air, I see that you don’t and that’s not fair.
I do not want to feel sad.
 I'm weird, I'm new. So pretend you are too.
I feel like a kid in outer space. I touch the stars and I feel out of place.
I worry about what others might think. I cry when people laugh, it makes me shrink. (mad)
 I'm weird, I'm new. Now I understand that you are too.
I say, "I feel like a castaway". I dream with the day this will be fixed.
I try to fit in. I hope someday to.

 I'm weird, I'm new.”

This poem has seriously touched my heart and I hope yours too. Embrace yourself, we are all equal.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario